By using DeckBooks (the “Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
DeckBooks reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://www.deckbooks.co.uk/legal/terms/.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your account.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the registration process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. DeckBooks cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, not to accept an application to create a DeckBooks account. This may be due to you or your business being banned by us from using The Service or for any other reason.
- DeckBooks will not be held responsible for any damage, file loss, downtime, or other consequence of using this application. Account holders use DeckBooks at their own risk.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Dormant free trial accounts (inactive for 60 days or more) may be suspended or deleted.
- We grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use The Service in accordance with these Terms of Service
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading
- A valid credit card may be required for paying accounts. Free trial accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- An upgrade from the trial to any paying subscription will end your trial period. You will be billed as soon as you upgrade your account.
- No refunds will be given after you have purchased DeckBooks. You have a 30-day free trial period in which to test the software and see if it is appropriate for you.
- There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- You must ensure that we have complete and accurate billing and contact information throughout the subscription, including your full name, your business address, and a billing contact email address.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. An email to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by accessing your Account and selecting “Close Account”.
- All of your Content and personal information will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation.
- DeckBooks, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service may result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. Paid accounts will be suspended with notice prior to deletion. DeckBooks reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- DeckBooks reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to subscription fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the DeckBooks website (www.deckbooks.co.uk) or the Service itself.
- DeckBooks shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the data you provide to the Service. Your data uploaded remain yours.
- All copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in The Service (including any such rights in our website) are either owned by or licensed to us and nothing in these Terms of Service shall transfer any ownership rights to you
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, DeckBooks, or any other DeckBooks service.
- You agree not to reverse engineer, reproduce, duplicate, modify, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by DeckBooks.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any DeckBooks customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- DeckBooks does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that DeckBooks shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (regardless of wether DeckBooks has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) termination of your account; or (vi) any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of DeckBooks to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and DeckBooks and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and DeckBooks (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify DeckBooks, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, DeckBooks will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. Disputes can be dealt with by the English courts.